Thursday, January 14, 2016

Enough Matthew 11:30




“For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.” Mathew 11:30

       When do we say enough is enough? Why do we wait so long to say I’ve had enough of me and all I need is you?  Why don’t we say at the start, Lord, this is your problem have your way with it?
We all have our problems we want fixed our own way. Mine was my marriage.  I wanted my husband to come back to me.  And to God.  And he chose not to. It devastated me for a long time. But within the crisis I got to say ENOUGH. My God knows me best and wants what is best for me.

       He loves me. He was rejected for me and he held my sin and shame on the cross for me. And now He asks in return that I let Him carry my burden and I carry the one He gives me. I don’t think that is a fair trade do you? His burden is so much easier than mine. And life is so much easier when we hand our problems over for him to carry and let him handle them.

       Father, I pray for all those who are saying enough. Enough of me.   Enough of my way.  Enough of my situation and my fixes.  Enough of filling the void with things of my own choosing.  Let them say all of you Jesus.   Let them say I’ve had enough of my burden, would you carry it for me Jesus. Let them fill the void in their heart with you   Bless everyone who reads these pages, Father, and let their lives be changed.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment